Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brown Sauce



Stir fry in brown sauce is quite possibly one of the easiest meals to make and one would think a staple at any self- respecting chinese take out eatery.  Why is it then so difficult for me to find a place that has good stir fry in brown sauce??  The truth is I've only ever found one, and that was in Morgantown, WV.  Mmmmm... chicken with peppers and tomatoes in brown sauce.  I think every time I visited Ben, we ordered from this place at least once.  Since then, I haven't found a place that could even come close.  So I decided to make my own... and it's delicious... and I can eat it whenever I want (I have no idea if it's even close to the actual stuff they use in chinese restaurants, but I don't care).

Brown Sauce
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan.  Heat on medium- high heat until it reaches a slow boil, stirring occasionally.  Reduce heat to medium and let cook down until desired consistency is reached.

Serve over vegetables, chicken, rice, shrimp, pretty much anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment